Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our Project


I wanted to have a little nightstand to keep next to a glider or rocking chair in Stella's nursery, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. So we headed to good old D.I. Seriously, I don't care what you say about that place...sometimes you can find some real treasures there! We bought this one for $10.
It was in pretty bad shape. The top drawer was missing, there was no back to it, and it completely wobbled. Whoever owned it before cut a weird chunk out of the bottom of one side, so we had to even it out. (Sorry I don't have pictures of that). To top it off, it was home to a spider and plenty of webs...gross! So it got a good cleaning. Since only one drawer was there, we also had to buy a completely new set of knobs. And since this nightstand was so old, they don't make knobs anymore to fit the holes that were already there. So my dad helped us out by cutting some cute panels for us. I love the way they turned out!


Also, the color was HIDEOUS and I wanted to do something fun!

You've seen the before....and here is the after!


I also made these cute little guys for her room. I have a slight owl obsession so I couldn't resist! I got the wood cutouts at wood connection, and the decorative fabrics are from the bedding my mom is making for the nursery.

Things are slowly coming together. I have so many projects, I may have taken on a little too much. Only three and a half months to go!!

5 comments:

Ashlyn said...

Ashley! The night stand is so adorable you guys did a great job. I think its adorable!!

Ali said...

Her room is going to be so cute!! And I love DI. I decorate most of my house from stuff I find there!

Jessica Lyn said...

Ash, seriously love the colors for the bedding. The nightstand will look sooo cute next to it!! I am obsessed with the owls. So cute. Can't wait for a week!!!

Jessica Madsen said...

So, so cute Ash! Love the nightstand and the owls! Talent!!

Cari and David said...

I LOVE THIS! I'm so glad I found your blog:) You need to add me to your feed! Baby is coming soon! Can't wait to meet her and see you!